Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (184.108.40.206) is now available on OTN on ALL platforms. Highlight of this release is simultaneous release of EM12c R2 on all platforms. This is primarily a stability release which incorporates many of issues and feedback reported by early adopters. In addition, this release contains many new features and enhancements in areas across the board. New Capabilities and Features
- Enhanced management capabilities for enterprise private clouds:
- Introduces new capabilities to allow customers to build and manage a Java Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud based on Oracle Weblogic Server. The new capabilities include guided set up of PaaS Cloud, self-service provisioning, automatic scale out and metering and chargeback.
- Enhanced lifecycle management capabilities for Oracle WebLogic Server environments: Combining in-context multiple domain, patching and configuration file synchronizations.
- Integrated Hardware-Software management for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud through features such as rack schematics visualization and integrated monitoring of all hardware and software components.
- The latest management capabilities for business-critical applications include:
- Business Application Management: A new Business Application (BA) target type and dashboard with flexible definitions provides a logical view of an application’s business transactions, end-user experiences and the cloud infrastructure the monitored application is running on.
- Enhanced User Experience Reporting: Oracle Real User Experience Insight has been enhanced to provide reporting capabilities on client-side issues for applications running in the cloud and has been more tightly coupled with Oracle Business Transaction Management to help ensure that real-time user experience and transaction tracing data is provided to users in context.
- Several key improvements address ease of administration, reporting and extensibility for massively scalable cloud environments including dynamic groups, self-updateable monitoring templates, bulk operations against many events, etc.
New and Revised Plug-Ins: Several plug-Ins have been updated as a part of this release resulting in either new versions or revisions. Revised plug-ins contain only bug-fixes and while new plug-ins incorporate both bug fixes as well as new functionality. Plug-In Name Version Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database 220.127.116.11 (revision) Enterprise Manager for Oracle Fusion Middleware 18.104.22.168 (new) Enterprise Manager for Chargeback and Capacity Planning 22.214.171.124 (new) Enterprise Manager for Oracle Fusion Applications 126.96.36.199 (new) Enterprise Manager for Oracle Virtualization 188.8.131.52 (new) Enterprise Manager for Oracle Exadata 184.108.40.206 (new) Enterprise Manager for Oracle Cloud 220.127.116.11 (new) Installation and Upgrade:
- All major platforms have been released simultaneously (Linux 32 / 64 bit, Solaris (SPARC), Solaris x86-64, IBM AIX 64-bit, and Windows x86-64 (64-bit) )
- Enterprise Manager 18.104.22.168 is a complete release that includes both the EM OMS and Agent versions of 22.214.171.124.
- Installation options available with EM 126.96.36.199: User can do fresh Install or an upgrade from versions EM 10.2.0.5, 11.1, or 188.8.131.52 ( Bundle Patch 1 not mandatory).
- Upgrading to EM 184.108.40.206 from EM 220.127.116.11 is not a patch application (similar to Bundle Patch 1) but is achieved through a 1-system upgrade.
Customer Webcast - EM 12c Installation and Upgrade: This webcast is for customers who are interested in learning how to successfully deploy or upgrade to EM 18.104.22.168.
Enterprise Manager 12c R2 Resources: