In this article I will describe the steps to upgrade an Oracle 220.127.116.11 Grid Infrastructure cluster on Linux to version 18.104.22.168.
In this article a 2-node cluster with nodes RAC1 and RAC2 is used for this purpose.
Unlike most other articles I will not describe how to use the OUI to install the software and do the upgrade.
For this purpose I will execute a software only installation of the GI software (for which the OUI will be used, but there it ends)
and then also apply some patches before the actual upgrade. The upgrade itself will be executed using the silent option of the config.sh tool.
I will show you how to check the prerequisites to upgrade the Grid Infrastructure software.
The upgrade of the RDBMS software and the upgrade of the database will NOT be discussed here, but in a next article.
Before you start upgrading make sure patch 12539000: 11203:ASM UPGRADE FAILED ON FIRST NODE WITH ORA-03113 is installed.
Without this patch you will not be able to perform a successful upgrade to 22.214.171.124.
This patch is available on top of the base 126.96.36.199.0 version and a version is available for GI PSU 1 until GI PSU 5.
The patch is included from GI PSU 6 and above.
To upgrade to 188.8.131.52 the following steps are involved:
- Meet the 184.108.40.206 prerequisites
- Perform a software only installation of the base 220.127.116.11 software
- Apply latest GI PSU (18.104.22.168.3) and, if needed, some additional patches to the GI software
- Run the cluster verification utility to check the prerequisites for the upgrade
- Run the config.sh in silent mode to configure the cluster using the new 22.214.171.124 software
- Run the rootupgrade.sh to actually upgrade to version 126.96.36.199
Upgrade Grid Infrastructure from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 on Linux
Filed under: Grid Infrastructure, HA, Linux Tagged: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 11gR2, GI, Grid Infrastructure, High Availabiblity, software only, Upgrade