After nearly nine years at Sun and then six at Delphix I’m looking for the next technology, team, and market to dive into. I’ve had the extremely good fortune of working with three groups—the DTrace team, Fishworks at Sun, and Delphix—that featured top-tier technologists working on differentiated products, each of them a wonderful place and time. Most recently, as CTO of Delphix, I grew the engineering team from a tiny seed, and was fortunate enough to be joined by so many people from my past including some of my best best friends and long-term colleagues.
Thanks to the new improved CI workflow, we do no longer manually need to do a final check of pull requests. I have used the new system for roughly two weeks now without any problems. Consequently, I have just removed the master-candiate branch from our git (with a backup "just in case" currently remaining in the adiscon git repository).
If you ever have to restore the Oracle Virtual Machine Manager database using the provided RestoreDatabase.sh, chances are that you will end up with a bunch of corrupted or missing tables in the back-end MySQL database schema. Specifically, all tables with 0 rows will be dysfunctional after successful restore. In turn this prevents management of compute-nodes, virtual machines and other resources.
I don’t know which other versions of OVM might be affected, but the latest 2.0.2 software release for the Virtual Compute Appliance certainly is.
If you’re having a rather dull afternoon at the office, and you happen to have an OVCA as your personal playground, you can always try this little trick to spice up your day: Point your browser to the Oracle VM Manager, look for the the network configuration tab and attempt to make the storage and heartbeat network available to virtual machines. I can virtually promise you that your day will be more interesting. Much more. Almost instantly.
I encountered and worked around a couple of issues when installing MediaWiki 1.20.2 with Oracle 11g Express Edition 22.214.171.124.0 as the database back-end. The solutions below can be also applied to MediaWiki 1.20.0 and 1.20.1.
I did the installation on top of Zend Server Community Edition, saving me the trouble of tinkering too much with apache, php and oracle drivers.