The Sonatype team have announced the release of Nexus 2.1.1 which is a minor update that now works with the Oracle Maven Repository.
I was going to write a bit up about it but Manfred Moser from Sonatype has already put together a blog and video on it:
150 GiB worth of JVM heap dump is laying on hard drive and I need analyze specific problem detected in that process.
We had a requirement in which the a column had either pure numbers such as 123 or pure alphabets such as QWED. The requirement was to display 'Y' in a column if the value was a number and display 'N' if it was a character string.
We recently upgraded our capability in the IBM public cloud. Before this new version you could build, test, and deploy apps on Bluemix by using open source Cloud Foundry technology. But now you have more choice bringing two new options as follows
1. IBM Containers Beta
Use IBM Containers to run apps and services in a hosted cloud environment. Port your existing applications to IBM Bluemix and make them publicly accessible and composable. Use a private registry to upload, store, and retrieve your trusted images.
2. Virtual Machines Beta
My customer needed to ensure that passwords contained at least one ‘special character’ when a new password was created in OpenIDM.
I borrowed heavily from the provided samples but had to figure out the correct regexp formatting.
Here is the function that I used to implement this:
In this blog post we look at how we can address a shortcoming in the Hive ALTER TABLE statement using parameters and variables in the Hive CLI (Hive 0.13 was used).
There’s a simple way to query Hive parameter values directly from CLI
You simply execute (without specifying the value to be set):
SET hive.exec.compress.output; --- hive.exec.compress.output=false
You may use those parameters directly in your queries if you need to. For that you either use hiveconf or hivevar prefixes set and used as below:
Last post we noticed that variables can easily be attached to the global scope. This isn’t a good thing. The more variables are linked to the global scope the more chance you have creating conflicts.
A great way to reduce the impact of your code on the global object is to define namespaces. We do this by creating one global object that we extend with extra modules which on their turn can be extended with new functionality and properties.