“Well impressed guys. Well done for getting five interesting topics into the time available. Good session lengths.”
While creating a BPM project simulation in the JDeveloper 12c IDE, I noticed some differences in behavior as opposed to 11g. Although the functionality is mostly unchanged, the UI is different. Most of them are more intuitive, but you might want to check them out and save some time.
Here is how simple Spring Boot makes saying Hello World web based application with no IDE and no no need to package it up. Nearly as easy as NodeJS
1. Firstly install the Spring Boot CLI. From mac use brew as follows
pas@192-168-1-4:~$ brew tap pivotal/tap
Cloning into '/usr/local/Library/Taps/pivotal/homebrew-tap'...
remote: Counting objects: 366, done.
remote: Total 366 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 366
Receiving objects: 100% (366/366), 60.09 KiB | 84.00 KiB/s, done.
The Sonatype team have announced the release of Nexus 2.1.1 which is a minor update that now works with the Oracle Maven Repository.
I was going to write a bit up about it but Manfred Moser from Sonatype has already put together a blog and video on it:
150 GiB worth of JVM heap dump is laying on hard drive and I need analyze specific problem detected in that process.
We had a requirement in which the a column had either pure numbers such as 123 or pure alphabets such as QWED. The requirement was to display 'Y' in a column if the value was a number and display 'N' if it was a character string.
We recently upgraded our capability in the IBM public cloud. Before this new version you could build, test, and deploy apps on Bluemix by using open source Cloud Foundry technology. But now you have more choice bringing two new options as follows
1. IBM Containers Beta
Use IBM Containers to run apps and services in a hosted cloud environment. Port your existing applications to IBM Bluemix and make them publicly accessible and composable. Use a private registry to upload, store, and retrieve your trusted images.
2. Virtual Machines Beta
My customer needed to ensure that passwords contained at least one ‘special character’ when a new password was created in OpenIDM.
I borrowed heavily from the provided samples but had to figure out the correct regexp formatting.
Here is the function that I used to implement this: