At this time of the year during holidays, the Apps DBA community is busy doing upgrades as longer downtimes are possible. In case you are facing any issues, please feel free to write to me at my email: email@example.com . I will be glad to hear from you and help you.
We are currently upgrading one of our ERP instances from 18.104.22.168 to R12.2.5. One of the pre-upgrade steps is to execute the data fix script ap_wrg_11i_chrg_alloc_fix.sql. However, this script has been running very very slow. After 4 weeks of monitoring, logging SRs with Oracle, escalating etc., we started a group chat today with our internal experts. We had Ali, Germaine, Aditya, Mukhtiar, Martha Gomez and Zoltan. I also invited our top notch EBS Techstack expert John Felix.
Okay, I know it's been a while. And so much has happened since I last wrote and I most definitely owe you some updates. But before I get there (sometime next week), I am going to start fresh right now and tell you what's going on right this very minute because...
1. Primary Ledger can be associated with Multiple Secondary Ledgers 2. Primary Ledger can be assigned to Multiple Legal Entities 3. Primary Ledger can be assigned to Multiple Operating Units 4. An Operating Unit is tied to the Primary Ledger through the Legal Entity Context 5. Specific Balancing Segment Values are assigned to specific Legal Entities in the Primary Ledger
We have used OEL 6.6 image in our latest build. When we cloned an EBS R12.2 instance that was on OEL 5.7 to this new server that has OEL 6.6, During the clone, adcfgclone.pl was failing. On further checks, we discovered that sqlplus is crashing with segmentation fault error whenever we tried to connect to database:
sqlplus /nolog conn apps/apps Segmentation Fault
So, I suggested the DBAs to do strace sqlplus apps/apps. The strace revealed many missing libraries:
Today, during a cutover when we were moving one of our ERP instance on Cisco UCS VMware VMs to Exalogic and Exadata, I got a call from Bimal. The extranet iSupplier URL had been configured, but whenever any user logged in, they were seeing the following error instead of the iSupplier OAF Home page:
Oracle SSO Failure - Unable to process request Either the requested URL was not specified in terms of a fully-qualified host name or OHS single sign-on is incorrectly configured
Recently I spent almost a full day struggling to make out, why an sftp connection would not work without password, after setting up ssh equivalence. The keys were correct, the permissions on the directories were correct. The authorized_keys file looked ok. I copied the authorized_keys file of another account that was working fine. When I replaced the authorized_keys after taking backup of original authorized_keys, it started working. So then I proceeded to check the contents in a hex editor